Monday 1 September 2014

To apply for a school place or not?

Today is the day when I am able to apply for a school place for Seb to start reception in 2015. Actually according to an advert by  our local council I must apply for a place(not true). 

I have been thinking about it a lot today, it's been all over my Facebook and Twitter feed.  
Should I apply just in case? Am I depriving him by not even trying school or nursery first? 
I've been on the councils website, read the applications information and promptly clicked off of it again. We are most definitely not applying, Why would we? I want to stay under the radar for a while if possible and applying will stop that from happening. 

This feels like the most rebellious thing I have ever done, it gives me a thrill, I am excited for our future, for all the fun and adventures we can have. While everyone else is buying uniform, adding name labels and setting their alarms; we can do reading in our pyjamas or head out to hunt for bugs in the woods. I know which option I prefer. 

2 comments:

  1. I well remember the odd feeling as the date to apply passed for our younger two. Not that the day passing was something I regretted but it seemed that we had committed ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels weird as everyone seems to be eager to apply right away even though there are several months to decide. I'm glad I had a look at the site though x

      Delete